terça-feira, 24 de setembro de 2013



Marc Jacobs SS14


Marc Jacobs' latest NYFW show divided my thoughts. I am always looking forward to seeing what he is up to, and this time, after a bunch of pretty and clinically clean (not a bad thing at all! There were some gorgeous collections in NYC!) things, I was really counting on Marc to pop a chin dropping "WOW" out of mouth.

So, I stayed up late (yap, time zones...) eager for that "WOW". All of a sudden, the lights were on, the music started, the crowd went mute. The set was pure caos. Something between a forsaken theatre and a blown up beach... Was Jacobs presenting a high fashion nightmare? Then, the first models stepped out wearing surf shorts, sneakers and military-inspired, 19th century looking jackets and grungy hair and make up. Ok... what? That was my first thought. I couldn't really tell whether I was liking it or not. I was already craving the jackets, but the whole scene... hmmm, I didn't know.

As the show progressed I became more convinced of the aesthetics marc had brought to the runways. The only summery things there were the hawaian-inspired prints. The colours, the fabrics, the ornaments were, in fact, quite "anti-summer". Well... he never plays by the book, does he?

But was it a "love it or hate it" kind of affair? Well, no. I dind't love everything about the show, but those beautifully poisonous gowns in the end earned their right to a very (in)decent jaw-dropping "WOW"!

The genious we know by the name of Marc Jacobs, tired of clean whites, said there's no longer room for decadence in this world. Guess what? His dazzling nightmare just might have brought it back.






Marc Jacobs SS14


Marc Jacobs SS14


Marc Jacobs SS14

Marc Jacobs SS14

Marc Jacobs SS14

Marc Jacobs SS14

Marc Jacobs SS14

Marc Jacobs SS14

Marc Jacobs SS14

Marc Jacobs SS14



0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário